- The axon of a neuron. A nerve is formed of a bundle of many such fibers, with their sheaths.More example sentences
- Typically, there is a nerve fibre or axon, which can be a metre or more in length, along which impulses travel to convey information to other neurons, or to muscles or glands.
- In fact, most of the injured axons in the nerve fiber layer were located adjacent to or within areas of retinal hemorrhage and retinal detachment, suggesting a probable cause-effect relationship.
- When myelin or the nerve fiber is destroyed or damaged, the ability of the nerves to conduct electrical impulses to and from the brain is disrupted, and this produces the various symptoms of MS.
More definitions of nerve fiberDefinition of nerve fiber in:
- The British & World English dictionary