- 1A bird that nests in a specified manner or place: redstarts are nesters here hole-nesters See also empty nester.More example sentences
- Not surprisingly the grey wagtail is a scarce nester in Norfolk.
- These birds are common nesters at airfields and airports throughout their range.
- European Starlings are cavity nesters, and nests are generally located in natural hollows, old woodpecker holes, birdhouses, or building eaves and crevices.
More definitions of nesterDefinition of nester in:
- The British & World English dictionary