Definition of netminder in English:
A goaltender: the puck might go between the netminder’s pads
More example sentences
- Ray Barry's free kick from the right found the head of the unchallenged Seamus Keating and his powerful header gave the Red Star netminder Tom Ryan no chance at all.
- A stand-up goalie with a lightning quick glove, Osgood is as skillful as any other netminder in the league.
- When the Wheat Kings traded to bring in a veteran netminder, it left them with three goaltenders, including two rookies.
- Example sentences
- As you correctly note, the Leafs have bigger issues than netminding.
- Craig Anderson continues to provide stellar netminding for Ottawa, as he stopped 31 of 32 shots.
- The team, backed by his stellar extra-period netminding, won an NHL-record 10 consecutive overtime games that year.
Definition of netminder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan