Definition of nettle tree in English:
An Old World tree related to the hackberries, with a straight, silvery-gray trunk and rough, toothed, nettlelike leaves.
- Genus Celtis, family Ulmaceae: several species, in particular C. australis, which is a popular street and shade tree in Mediterranean countries
- Zelkova trees and nettle trees, which are a few hundred years old, are regarded as natural monuments.
- Watch out for nettle trees, especially in the vicinity of the Power Wall.
- The several-hundred-year-old zelkova trees and nettle trees standing in the middle of the village are designated as natural monuments.
Definition of nettle tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.