Definition of nettle tree in English:
An Old World tree related to the hackberries, with a straight, silvery-gray trunk and rough, toothed, nettlelike leaves.
- Genus Celtis, family Ulmaceae: several species, in particular C. australis, which is a popular street and shade tree in Mediterranean countries
- Zelkova trees and nettle trees, which are a few hundred years old, are regarded as natural monuments.
- Watch out for nettle trees, especially in the vicinity of the Power Wall.
- The several-hundred-year-old zelkova trees and nettle trees standing in the middle of the village are designated as natural monuments.
Definition of nettle tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan