Definition of networker in English:
1 Computing A person who works from home or from an external office via a computer network.
- Office networkers are protected by network firewalls and virus checkers which are absent in the home.
- Most doctors don't even touch a PC unless they have to and the vast array of different computers, terminals, servers, what-have-you throughout the service is a networker's nightmare.
- Still, right now, Linux is a specialized operating system catering to developers, networkers and IT professionals.
2A person who interacts or exchanges information with others working in a similar field, especially to further their career.
- Lee is a very remarkable guy, and a great networker.
- He's a charismatic networker and a man with high political ties stemming back to his days in the Australian Labor Party.
- Fortunately, Leri is the ultimate networker, with a Palm handheld that contains 4,200 names and counting.
Words that rhyme with networkermetalworker
Definition of networker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan