Of or relating to a nerve or the nervous system: patterns of neural activity
More example sentences
- Sensory nerve endings in this ligament detect the loading and produce neural signals proportionate to the load.
- Melanocytes derive from cells of the neural crest and can migrate throughout the body.
- By this method, the path of a neural tract can be traced from its origin to its termination.
mid 19th century: from Greek neuron in the sense 'nerve' + -al.
- More example sentences
- Previous studies have suggested that cardiac damage after a stroke is neurally mediated through abnormal autonomic discharges.
- Papillae were lined by predominantly glial cells, with intervening areas occupied by neurally differentiated cells.
- This response is thought to be neurally mediated by impulses originating from the muscle spindles in the exercising muscles, tendons, and proprioceptors in the joints.