- An enzyme, present in many pathogenic or symbiotic microorganisms, that catalyzes the breakdown of glycosides containing neuraminic acid.More example sentences
- The influenza virus has two other integral membrane proteins, M2 and neuraminidase.
- Current influenza vaccines work by targeting to two proteins called haemagglutinin and neuraminidase, which are found on the surface on the virus.
- We know, for example, that H5N1 is sensitive to antiviral drugs that inhibit one of its important enzymes, called neuraminidase.
More definitions of neuraminidaseDefinition of neuraminidase in:
- The British & World English dictionary