A fibril in the cytoplasm of a nerve cell, visible by light microscopy.
More example sentences
- The argyrophilic neurofibrils are unique to nerve cells.
- As we age, most of us will develop alterations of neurofibrils in at least some of our neurons.
- Bundles of these neurofibrils are called neurofilaments.
- More example sentences
- Two microscopic changes occur in the brain in Alzheimer's disease: senile plaques develop between neurons, and neurofibrillary tangles develop within neurons.
- Among the very earliest sites of neurofibrillary pathology in Alzheimer's disease are the hippocampus and entorhinal cortex.
- It forms the neurofibrillary tangles of Alzheimer's disease, Pick's disease, progressive supranuclear palsy, frontotemporal dementia, corticobasal degeneration, postencephalitic parkinsonism, and a handful of others.
Definition of neurofibril in:
- The British & World English dictionary