Definition of neuropsychiatry in English:
Psychiatry relating mental or emotional disturbance to disordered brain function.
- It is the function of the growing speciality of neuropsychiatry to investigate the psychiatric effects of disorders that have a neurological function or structure.
- During that era, many medical professionals and the general public considered neuropsychiatry to be almost synonymous with biological psychiatry.
- In children's mental health, this has resulted in the creation of not only new diagnostic categories but whole new classes of disorder such as developmental neuropsychiatry.
- Example sentences
- The occurrence of neuropsychiatric symptoms in dementia patients has been well established.
- Since their symptoms are continuous with the adult disorder, their brain scans and repeated neuropsychiatric tests hold key information on how schizophrenia develops during the teen-age years.
- When they do quit, they experience more severe withdrawal symptoms than others do, possibly because many of the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal are neuropsychiatric in nature.
- Example sentences
- Some neuropsychiatrists train as general psychiatrists or neurologists and enter neuropsychiatry via a practice or research pathway.
- In his book, The New Brain: How the Modern Age is Rewiring Your Mind, neuropsychiatrist, Richard Restak argues that technology is reshaping the way we think, feel and respond.
- To accomplish these broad evaluations and treatment strategies, Healy formed teams composed of a neuropsychiatrist, a psychologist and a social worker.
Definition of neuropsychiatry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan