Definition of neuropsychology in English:
The study of the relationship between behavior, emotion, and cognition on the one hand, and brain function on the other.
- She is able to use data acquired from multiple disciplines including functional neuroimaging, cognitive psychology and neuropsychology to address fundamental questions of language and language processing.
- APF will also be increasing the size of its endowment for scholarships and existing grants in areas such as serious mental illness, neuropsychology, child psychology and the elimination of prejudice such as homophobia.
- In short, punchy sections, the authors delve into such heady topics as neuropsychology, cognitive psychology, and other techniques for studying the brain.
- Example sentences
- Additionally, longitudinal studies of behavioral neuropsychological functioning in adults with ADHD are needed.
- This research strategy allows for much more accurate descriptions of behavioral correlates of neuropsychological tests and their related measures.
- Studies of neuropsychological function in ADHD that have used previous subtype distinctions have obtained mixed results.
- Example sentences
- The ANPA has grown to just under 700 members, including neuropsychiatrists, behavioral neurologists and neuropsychologists.
- If you decide to have your child tested by ah outside source (such as a trained neuropsychologist or clinical psychologist specializing in learning disabilities), share the results with your school.
- Moreover, during the 1990s, Canadian neuropsychologists also made considerable efforts to search for subtypes within various forms of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease, fronto-temporal dementia, and Pick complex.
Definition of neuropsychology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.