Definition of neurosurgery in English:
Surgery performed on the nervous system, especially the brain and spinal cord.
- These techniques sometimes require the input of other surgical disciplines such as neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery.
- In this unit, care is primarily provided for all surgical patients except those who have undergone cardiac surgery or neurosurgery.
- Heparin also is used to treat arterial and venous clotting and prevent formation of venous clots in patients who require neurosurgery or orthopedic surgery and in trauma cases.
- Example sentences
- Staff members prepared cardiac, vascular, neurosurgical, orthopedic, cystoscopy, and laparoscopic trays, depending on which area they were working in on a given day.
- Most children are referred by their pediatrician to a pediatric neurosurgeon for possible neurosurgical intervention when a deformity progresses or fails to improve spontaneously.
- Critically ill patients and patients undergoing major surgery, such as cardiovascular or neurosurgical procedures, often require arterial cannulation.
Definition of neurosurgery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.