Syphilis that involves the central nervous system.
More example sentences
- Tertiary syphilis or neurosyphilis should be treated with penicillin G sodium, 3 million units IV every 4 hours for 10 to 14 days, followed by penicillin G benzathine, 2.4 million units IM weekly for 3 weeks.
- Tertiary or late syphilis is classified into gummatous syphilis, cardiovascular syphilis, and neurosyphilis.
- The clinical manifestations of neurosyphilis include seizures, ataxia, aphasia, paresis, hyperreflexia, personality and cognitive changes, visual changes, hearing loss, neuropathy, and loss of bowel and bladder functions.
- More example sentences
- Why some neurosyphilitic patients progress and others remain asymptomatic has remained a mystery.
- This case report documents failure of primary treatment and neurosyphilitic recrudescence.
- Late syphilis may take the forms of late benign syphilis, cardiovascular syphilis and neurosyphilitic disease.
Pronunciation: /-sifəˈlitik/adjective& noun
Definition of neurosyphilis in:
- The British & World English dictionary