Definition of neurosyphilis in English:
Syphilis that involves the central nervous system.
- Tertiary syphilis or neurosyphilis should be treated with penicillin G sodium, 3 million units IV every 4 hours for 10 to 14 days, followed by penicillin G benzathine, 2.4 million units IM weekly for 3 weeks.
- Tertiary or late syphilis is classified into gummatous syphilis, cardiovascular syphilis, and neurosyphilis.
- The clinical manifestations of neurosyphilis include seizures, ataxia, aphasia, paresis, hyperreflexia, personality and cognitive changes, visual changes, hearing loss, neuropathy, and loss of bowel and bladder functions.
- Example sentences
- Why some neurosyphilitic patients progress and others remain asymptomatic has remained a mystery.
- This case report documents failure of primary treatment and neurosyphilitic recrudescence.
- Late syphilis may take the forms of late benign syphilis, cardiovascular syphilis and neurosyphilitic disease.
Pronunciation: /-sifəˈlitik/adjective& noun
Definition of neurosyphilis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia