- The surgical cutting of a nerve to produce sensory loss and relief of pain or to suppress involuntary movements.More example sentences
- A facet neurotomy involves destroying the nerves that relay pain messages from the facet joints.
- If the pain does recur, a second neurotomy can be performed, and similar results will usually be achieved.
- The apparatus is especially suited for use with and during the radial optic neurotomy procedure.
More definitions of neurotomyDefinition of neurotomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary