- 1The central area of a hockey rink, lying between the two blue lines.More example sentences
- He will have to address his impact on the forecheck, in the neutral zone and in the faceoff circle.
- The Lightning aggressively forecheck two men, taking away the D-to-D pass - even deploying the weak-side winger in denying the off side defenseman the puck in the neutral zone.
- He steals pucks constantly in the neutral zone, leading to breakaway goals and oddman rushes.
- 2 Football (Before the start of a play) the imaginary zone running sideline to sideline from the front to the back point of the football.More example sentences
- Why wait to get it back in the end zone or the neutral zone?
- So even though there haven't been a lot more neutral zone penalties, there has been less quarterback harassment.
- I can mark what he does in the neutral zone, how he handles the forecheck or makes the first pass on the breakout.
More definitions of neutral zoneDefinition of neutral zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary