Definition of neutral zone in English:
1The central area of a hockey rink, lying between the two blue lines.
- He will have to address his impact on the forecheck, in the neutral zone and in the faceoff circle.
- The Lightning aggressively forecheck two men, taking away the D-to-D pass - even deploying the weak-side winger in denying the off side defenseman the puck in the neutral zone.
- He steals pucks constantly in the neutral zone, leading to breakaway goals and oddman rushes.
2 Football (Before the start of a play) the imaginary zone running sideline to sideline from the front to the back point of the football.
- Why wait to get it back in the end zone or the neutral zone?
- So even though there haven't been a lot more neutral zone penalties, there has been less quarterback harassment.
- I can mark what he does in the neutral zone, how he handles the forecheck or makes the first pass on the breakout.
Definition of neutral zone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.