- New Caledonian noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- For example, a key provision creating a special New Caledonian citizenship status intended to control immigration from France was declared unconstitutional by a French court in 1999.
- The parallel work of Bogliolo on New Caledonian literature also contains brief discussions of the engravings, drawn from the earlier works, where they are placed alongside petroglyph motifs and treated semiologically as visual signs.
- The majority of the residents of the Northern Province live in villages, and nearly all these villagers are Kanak, New Caledonian Melanesians.
Named, by Captain Cook in 1774, after the Roman name Caledonia 'Scotland'.
Definition of New Caledonia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.