Definition of new moon in English:
1The phase of the moon when it is in conjunction with the sun and invisible from earth, or shortly thereafter when it appears as a slender crescent.
- Every month, the first crescent of the new moon is observed, defining the beginning of the new month, whilst each year Ramadan commences 11 days earlier.
- We all speculate that we want to go at a time when the moon is a new moon.
- A solar eclipse can only occur at conjunction, and the sighting of the new moon is typically not until 30 hours later.
1.1The time when the new moon occurs.
- From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, says the LORD.
- The members organise turtle walks everyday and during full moon and new moon days, intensify the patrols.
- Isn't it ironic that you guys performed your story - which revolves around a new moon - on the night of the new moon?
Definition of new moon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia