The method of calculating dates using the Gregorian calendar. The Gregorian superseded the Julian calendar in Britain, Ireland, and British colonies in 1752.
- It was common even fifty years afterwards to refer to dates as either Old Style or New Style to distinguish pre-1752 ones from later ones and to refer to January 5 as Old Christmas Day.
- Kepler's birth data corresponds to 13: 53 GMT, 6th January 1572 New Style, lat: 47°N36’; long: 7°E39'.
- On the 13th of March, New Style, I was once again running errands for Mama throughout the palace.
Definition of New Style in:
- British & World English dictionary
Having a new style; different from and usually better than a previous version: a new-style retail and entertainment mix
More example sentences
- The following night the Petrello's took over the popular Nobu restaurant for a feast of new-style Japanese cuisine.
- He teams up with Sandra Bullock, a new-style nicey-nice police officer.
- Industry gave way to retail, as the road became one of the earliest location for the new-style retail warehouses.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan