- Example sentences
- Carrey says he chose to play it that way because ‘There's a whole group of people who have not been recognized and that's Newfoundlanders… they're such interesting characters.’
- Many Canadians and Newfoundlanders served with us on the rescue tugs and we are looking forward to meeting old shipmates.
- The provincially appointed commission assessed how Newfoundlanders view their place in Canada, and suggested ways Canada can improve relations with its easternmost province.
Pronunciation: /ˈn(y)o͞ofən(d)ləndər/ /ˈn(y)o͞ofən(d)ˌlandər/ /ˌn(y)o͞oˈfoun(d)ləndər/noun
Words that rhyme with NewfoundlandOakland • Copland
(in full Newfoundland dog)
A dog of a very large breed with a thick, coarse coat.
- While there are no official numbers on how many Newfoundlands are certified in water search-and-recovery, Gundersen estimates there are less than 50 throughout the United States.
- Swimming pools used Newfoundlands as lifeguards.
- This has been the case with three of the Newfoundlands I've adopted, who've been wonderful, healthy pets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.