Definition of newsreader in English:
1A computer program for reading messages posted to newsgroups.
- Many email programs, newsreaders, RSS feeds, and web browsers have the ability to ‘disable images’.
- Email clients, newsreaders, offline browsers and backup managers are among the company's other offerings.
- In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if the likes of Microsoft and IBM Lotus are not far away from including RSS newsreaders in their email clients.
2British A newscaster.
- For several years, she worked as a producer and newsreader at BBC Radio Lancashire and also on the post-graduate journalist course at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston.
- The region has its very own 6.30 pm news programme, fronted by well-known BBC Look North newsreader, Peter Levy, and Helen Fospero, a former US correspondent with GMTV.
- At News 24 he was an evening presenter and newsreader, and also presented the nightly entertainment news show Zero 30.
Definition of newsreader in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan