- A short film of news and current affairs, formerly made for showing as part of the program in a movie theater.More example sentences
- He utilized ‘found footage’ from feature films, newsreels, and advertisements and edited them together under a unified film score soundtrack.
- Way back when, theaters used to show cartoons, newsreels, and short films before you'd see the main attraction.
- Vega narrates his personal story over footage culled from newsreels and other films (in particular, the documentary, The Battle of Chile), as if he was in the process of writing his letter.
More definitions of newsreelDefinition of newsreel in:
- The British & World English dictionary