noun (plural same)
- The basic monetary unit of Bhutan, equal to 100 chetrum.More example sentences
- With an annual membership fee of 6,000 ngultrum, roughly $130, Bhutan's golfers are mostly limited to the upper echelons of society - government officials and diplomats, plus a few stray Japanese tourists.
- The ngultrum is a non-convertible currency except with India due to the exchange peg.
- The ngultrum is on par with the Indian Rupee (both the Nu and Indian Rupee can be used in Bhutan).
More definitions of ngultrumDefinition of ngultrum in:
- The British & World English dictionary