- The action or process of blinking.More example sentences
- Any conspicuous behavior indicating the existence of ophthalmic irritation due to the administered drugs such as closing eye or nictation was not observed after the instillation.
- Snaked earth, crow-spotted through the sun-leagues, coils in their fierce emphatic eyes, cleansed by the flicker of the lids' nictation.
- One or more, and in some cases all five, nematode replicate lines showed declines in virulence, reproduction, heat tolerance, host seeking ability, and nictation.
late 18th century: from Latin nictatio(n-), from the verb nictare 'to blink'.
More definitions of nictationDefinition of nictation in:
- The British & World English dictionary