- A name proposed by the American Chemical Society for the chemical element of atomic number 107, now called bohrium.More example sentences
- The same is true of element 105, called hahnium by one group and nielsbohrium by the other.
- Bohrium, rather than the proposed nielsbohrium, has the same name as the element boron in both Russian and German.
- The Germans suggested the name nielsbohrium, which the Soviets had suggested be given to element 105, to honor the Danish physicist Niels Bohr.
modern Latin, from the name of the scientist Niels Bohr (see Bohr, Niels). The term was originally proposed (circa1971) by Soviet scientists for element 105 (hahnium).
More definitions of nielsbohriumDefinition of nielsbohrium in:
- The British & World English dictionary