Definition of night adder in English:
A venomous nocturnal African viper.
- Genus Causus, family Viperidae: several species, in particular the gray and black C. rhombeatus, common in southern Africa
- Every morning we shook our shoes for scorpions, and every night we ducked the night adders that fell out of trees.
- The night adders, of which there are several species, are classified in the genus Causus.
- The night adders, in terms of the venom gland size to the body size, has the longest venom glands of all snakes.
Definition of night adder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.