Definition of night adder in English:
A venomous nocturnal African viper.
- Genus Causus, family Viperidae: several species, in particular the gray and black C. rhombeatus, common in southern Africa
- Every morning we shook our shoes for scorpions, and every night we ducked the night adders that fell out of trees.
- The night adders, of which there are several species, are classified in the genus Causus.
- The night adders, in terms of the venom gland size to the body size, has the longest venom glands of all snakes.
Definition of night adder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia