- less technical term for nyctalopia.More example sentences
- Although it was well known that deficiency of vitamin A caused night blindness, we were the first to demonstrate the actual damage of the rods and cones of the retina of new born monkeys, following maternal deficiency of vitamin A.
- Five to 6% of women reported a history of night blindness, a clinical symptom of vitamin A deficiency.
- We describe two patients with congenital stationary night blindness, a diagnosis which may be missed without appropriate history taking from the parents, particularly if there is no family history of visual problems.
More definitions of night blindnessDefinition of night blindness in:
- The British & World English dictionary