- A person who is habitually active or wakeful at night.More example sentences
- I had a lovely conversation with his mother, my grandma Susie, on the phone today, and, thanks to the magic of instant messaging, just now wished my mum (who is a night owl like me) a happy mother's day.
- ‘Because of the nature of my security business, I am a bit of a night owl and my company's name is Night Security so I combined the two to come up with the title for the new CD,’ he smiled.
- There is also a worthwhile network of night buses, especially in the centre of London which for the night owl are both frequent and comprehensive enough to be of real value.
More definitions of night owlDefinition of night owl in:
- The British & World English dictionary