- The faculty of seeing in very low light, especially after the eyes have become adapted.More example sentences
- Its compounds also help the eyes adapt to bright light and improve night vision.
- First signs are blurry vision, especially in bright light, loss of night vision and needing more light to read by.
- Since cones do not function well in darkness, night vision depends strongly on light picked up by rods.
adjective(night-vision) Back to top
- Denoting devices that enhance nighttime vision: night-vision gogglesMore example sentences
- Many discarded their water bottles, night-vision devices and other useful equipment because this was meant to be a quick, in-and-out daylight mission.
- Close-fitting eye lenses are shaped to improve peripheral vision and are compatible with most optical sighting and night-vision devices.
- In addition to the Sniperscope and other night-vision devices, the potential of this technology for guidance purposes began to be realized.
More definitions of night visionDefinition of night vision in:
- The British & World English dictionary