- The chemical element of atomic number 41, a silver-gray metal of the transition series, used in superconducting alloys. (Symbol: Nb)More example sentences
- Magnesium, titanium, zirconium, niobium, tantalum, molybdenum and tungsten may be soldered if they are plated with a solderable metal coating such as silver.
- Other elements added to improve characteristics include nickel, molybdenum, copper, titanium, aluminum, silicon, niobium, nitrogen, sulfur, and selenium.
- Depending on specific requirements related to their use, hard metals might additionally contain small quantities of chromium, niobium, molybdenum, titanium, tantalum or vanadium carbides.
More definitions of niobiumDefinition of niobium in:
- The British & World English dictionary