(also nipa palm)
Definition of nipa in English:
A palm tree with creeping roots, characteristic of mangrove swamps in India and the Pacific islands.
- Nypa fruticans, family Palmae
- The palm, like the coconut and the nipa palm, also serves numerous other purposes.
- Several colossal, yet dormant, volcanoes lorded over a steamy jungle realm of rice paddies, nipa huts, majestic palm trees, and lush undergrowth.
- Houses are raised 9 to 13 feet off the ground; walls are of plaited bamboo, and roofs are of nipa or coconut palm leaves or cogon grass.
Definition of nipa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan