(also nipa palm)
Definition of nipa in English:
A palm tree with creeping roots, characteristic of mangrove swamps in India and the Pacific islands.
- Nypa fruticans, family Palmae
- The palm, like the coconut and the nipa palm, also serves numerous other purposes.
- Several colossal, yet dormant, volcanoes lorded over a steamy jungle realm of rice paddies, nipa huts, majestic palm trees, and lush undergrowth.
- Houses are raised 9 to 13 feet off the ground; walls are of plaited bamboo, and roofs are of nipa or coconut palm leaves or cogon grass.
Definition of nipa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.