Definition of nipplewort in English:
A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family, growing in woods and empty lots.
- Lapsana communis, family Compositae
- When nipplewort occurs in the hedge bottom, plants are often found spreading into the arable field.
- Young tortoises are fed mainly dandelions, nipplewort, sowthistle, clover and lettuce.
- A fairly common garden weed, nipplewort will maintain itself in the garden so long as it is given some disturbed soil in which to self-sow.
Definition of nipplewort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan