Definition of nipplewort in English:
A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family, growing in woods and empty lots.
- Lapsana communis, family Compositae
- When nipplewort occurs in the hedge bottom, plants are often found spreading into the arable field.
- Young tortoises are fed mainly dandelions, nipplewort, sowthistle, clover and lettuce.
- A fairly common garden weed, nipplewort will maintain itself in the garden so long as it is given some disturbed soil in which to self-sow.
Words that rhyme with nipplewortlungwort • bladderwort
Definition of nipplewort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.