- (Of a decree, order, or rule) taking effect or having validity only after certain specified conditions are met.More example sentences
- Certainly, insofar as the order nisi seeks writs of mandamus and certiorari, it is outside of the time limit.
- It does, in my argument or my submission, give rise to a proper application for an order nisi for mandamus.
- This Court will not hear applications for orders nisi comprising three Justices.
mid 19th century: from Latin, literally 'unless'.
More definitions of nisiDefinition of nisi in:
- The British & World English dictionary