The egg or young form of a louse or other parasitic insect, especially the egg of a head louse attached to a human hair.
More example sentences
- Lice lay nits on hair shafts close to the skin's surface, where the temperature is perfect for keeping warm until they hatch.
- If you do not want to use these products, you have to pick the lice and nits out of the hair by hand or use a special comb to remove them.
- For an effective treatment for nits and hair lice, soak at least 20 seeds for an hour in warm water.
- chiefly North American Look for and criticize small or insignificant faults or errors; nitpick.More example sentences
- And while I'm picking nits, I must add my opinion of Furst's female characters.
- But these ideas would require a boldness and ingenuity that cannot come from candidates shackled to the very interests that profit from today's regressive tax policies, leaving the candidates to think small and pick nits.
- Not to pick nits, but the phrase, ‘Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness’, is from the New Testament.
- More example sentences
- Logically enough, the movie tackles the Powerpuff origins, the nitty details of how they came to be and how their superhero-ness was forged.
- Then there were the little nitty things: doing my own computer support.
- Most of the story is the trial and all the boring nitty details therein - the only bright spot is the freakish D.A.