- A group, —NO2, attached to an organic group in a molecule.More example sentences
- Dyes are prepared by a nitration addition reaction to aniline, followed by reduction of the nitro group using sodium sulfide.
- The most widely used method of preparing aromatic amines, for example, involves a nitration of the aromatic ring and subsequent conversion of the nitro group to an amino group.
- Accumulation of nitrotyrosine, a stable product of the addition of a nitro group to the benzene ring of tyrosine by peroxynitrite is thus a stable marker of pathology within cells and tissue lesions.
More definitions of nitro groupDefinition of nitro group in:
- The British & World English dictionary