Definition of nitrobenzene in English:
A yellow oily liquid made by nitrating benzene, used in chemical synthesis.
- Chemical formula: C6H5NO2
- When nitrobenzene is nitrated with nitric and sulfuric acids, for example, 93 percent of the substituted groups end up at meta positions.
- Aniline is manufactured by reduction of nitrobenzene, using hydrogen gas and a copper catalyst, or using iron, water, and hydrochloric acid for the reduction.
- Benzene and nitrobenzene are heavier than water and they are settling on the river bottom or sticking to the ice.
Definition of nitrobenzene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan