- A highly flammable material made by treating cellulose with concentrated nitric acid, used to make explosives and celluloid. Also called cellulose nitrate.More example sentences
- Nitrogen is an important component of common chemical explosives like TNT, nitroglycerin, gunpowder, guncotton, nitrocellulose, picric acid, and ammonium nitrate.
- This type of powder was created by dissolving nitrocellulose in ethyl acetate, and forming the round grains under water - much like the oil droplets formed when one shakes vegetable oil and vinegar to make salad dressing.
- Nitroglycerin can also be used in conjunction with gun cotton or nitrocellulose as a propellant in military applications.
More definitions of nitrocelluloseDefinition of nitrocellulose in:
- The British & World English dictionary