- A synthetic compound with antibacterial properties, used to treat infections of the urinary tract.
More example sentences
- A bicyclic furan derivative; chemical formula: C8H6N4O5
- If the patient has a urinary tract infection, nitrofurantoin may be useful.
- All pregnant women should be screened for bacteriuria and subsequently treated with antibiotics such as nitrofurantoin, sulfisoxazole or cephalexin.
- In pregnant women and in community acquired infections, simple antimicrobial drugs like nitrofurantoin might still be useful.
More definitions of nitrofurantoinDefinition of nitrofurantoin in:
- The British & World English dictionary