- The series of processes by which nitrogen and its compounds are interconverted in the environment and in living organisms, including nitrogen fixation and decomposition.More example sentences
- This symbiosis, mediated by chemical communication between the plant and the bacteria, is a vital component of the global nitrogen cycle.
- The nitrogen cycle and carbon cycle are the two most well known examples of these natural cycles.
- The ecological consequences of failing to recognize novel targets of chemical pollutants and EDCs may be a net loss of biological diversity and a further imbalance of the global nitrogen cycle.
More definitions of nitrogen cycleDefinition of nitrogen cycle in:
- The British & World English dictionary