Definition of nitrogen dioxide in English:
A reddish-brown poisonous gas used in the manufacture of nitric acid. It is also an air pollutant, a constituent of untreated automobile exhaust.
- Chemical formula: NO2. It usually exists in equilibrium with dinitrogen tetroxide, N2O4
- Levels of nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide remained at a normally low level.
- Increases in ozone, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide are blamed primarily on the motorist.
- Free radicals such as nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide show weak attractions toward magnetic fields - they are called paramagnetic.
Definition of nitrogen dioxide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.