- Any of a group of organic compounds containing the group —N(CH2CH2Cl)2. They are powerful cytotoxic alkylating agents and some are used in chemotherapy to treat cancer.More example sentences
- Radiation from nuclear bombs and gaseous particles from nitrogen mustard and acridine orange have been used destructively in war.
- There was another name to become famous in cancer biology who worked on nitrogen mustard and on mustard gas, but whose name did not appear as a co-author on that famous paper.
- Also during this time, the bone marrow suppressive effect of nitrogen mustard was discovered.
1940s: mustard denoting a substance chemically similar to mustard gas.
More definitions of nitrogen mustardDefinition of nitrogen mustard in:
- The British & World English dictionary