- Containing nitrogen in chemical combination.More example sentences
- Pulses are also necessary for sustainable agriculture, since they are nitrogen-fixing crops and provide an ecological alternative to chemical nitrogenous fertilizers.
- When the body ‘burns' food the end products are mainly water and carbon dioxide, together with some nitrogenous chemicals such as urea.
- This is the most important nitrogenous fertilizer.
More definitions of nitrogenousDefinition of nitrogenous in:
- The British & World English dictionary