- A designated area over which aircraft may not fly without risk of interception, especially during a conflict.More example sentences
- Many people commented on the lack of aircraft noise as a no-fly zone was enforced over central London.
- These choppers intercept several aircraft a week that have entered the no-fly zone.
- The situation was so dangerous that most would-be volunteers were kept out of the area, and a no-fly zone was established over the site because of fears that helicopters could set off a fresh landslide.
More definitions of no-fly zoneDefinition of no-fly zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary