(also no kill)
- A policy or an animal shelter in which abandoned, neglected, or lost animals are not put to sleep even if no home can be found for them: there are thousands of no-kills that rescue petsMore example sentences
- In early 2005, Maddie's Fund pledged $15.5 million over the next seven years to the Mayor's Alliance for New York City Animals to help transition the city's shelters to no-kill.
- If I take the cat to the shelter, it will be a no-kill.
adjectiveBack to top
- Opposed to or not killing animals that live in shelters: find out if the organization has a no-kill policyMore example sentences
- We took him to For Sake of Animals, the no-kill shelter, but they had no room.
- That love will be passed on through the book's sales as well, with 25% of its profits going to more than 10 animal shelters with no-kill policies.
- Maureen D'Addio, a volunteer at Animal Haven, a no-kill shelter in North Haven, Connecticut, says that the ‘dogs in highest demand are the smaller and younger ones.’