Definition of noggin in English:
1A person’s head.
- Put your noggins together because two heads are better than one.
- You could blow off Jim Phelps' head in one episode and he'd sport a fresh noggin the next week.
- These kids have such a collection of knowledge in their noggins that I am constantly in awe.
2A small quantity of liquor, typically a quarter of a pint.
- A follower of Airedale Beagles since 1956, he would stop by to enjoy a tot of whisky or a noggin of port before setting off behind the hounds.
- William Sutton, first licensee of the aptly named Scenic Hotel, was up here in the 1840s too, running a general store offering everything from lolly sticks to a noggin of wine before the pub was built about 130 years back.
Mid 17th century (in the sense 'small drinking cup'): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with nogginhoggin
Definition of noggin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.