Entry from British & World English dictionary
- The Muppets get deep in this one - poverty, hunger, the class system - a movie with a platform is a movie with an award nom.
- This is the Academy fave's ninth nom (and possible fourth win).
- Not only did Judi Dench score a nom for best actress, but the film earned screenplay, score and a best-pic slots as well.
verb (noms, nomming, nommed)[with object]
- The various incarnations of the program would go on to be Emmy nommed seven times.
- Freeman is also nommed for lead actor in a movie/miniseries for "Fargo."
- It won the Palme d'Or at Cannes, and was Oscar nommed for the best foreign film.
exclamation(usually nom nom or nom nom nom)
- Here, have a chocolate - om nom nom.
- Meanwhile, I shall find solace in this tasty pie om nom nom.
- The girl who ends up with him is going to be very lucky and very fat because his desserts are so sinfully yummy that you can't stop eating - nom nom nom.
plural noun(noms or nom noms)
- It sounds like you're going to have a fine selection of nom noms in your fridge.
- Then when tea time came around, so did the food: trays and trays of nom noms came up.
- You'll be doing High Fives all day long after experiencing the awesome service, great atmosphere and tasty nom noms.
verb (noms, nomming, nommed)(also nom-nom) [with object]
- Our food was brought out (so fresh) and we started nomming.
- She posted two photos of herself engaging in non-pregnant lady behavior: drinking wine and nomming on tuna.
- If you plan on nomming a few other items, stick to the half plate.
Early 21st century: probably imitative but apparently also popularized by the noises made by the Cookie Monster character in the children's television program Sesame Street. Compare with yum.
Definition of nom in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.