noun (plural noms de guerre pronunc. same)
- An assumed name under which a person engages in combat or some other activity or enterprise.More example sentences
- While ‘Gerard’ was one of Semprun's noms de guerre, we cannot assume an absolute correspondence between Semprun and his narrator.
- The noms de guerre accorded Mary Seacole during the Crimean war testify to the enormous affection with which she was regarded by officers and men.
- They introduce themselves to a visitor with noms de guerre.
French, literally 'war name'.
More definitions of nom de guerreDefinition of nom de guerre in:
- The British & World English dictionary