- 1Failure to appear or be present, especially at a gathering or engagement.More example sentences
- The reason for the non-appearance of the applicants appears in an affidavit which has been filed in this Court.
- Visitation centre workers' complaints about cancelled visits or non-appearance were conveyed to Mr. Lee.
- Mr Woodward's reason for non-appearance on the day the case was due to start was, to my mind, inadequate and remains inadequate.
- 1.1 Law Failure to appear or be present in a court of law, especially as a witness, defendant, or plaintiff.More example sentences
- There has been no affidavit material filed to explain the circumstances of this non-appearance.
- Given that direct resistance to religious court authority is itself illegal and non-appearance for a summons can be met with a police-enforced arrest warrant, indirection is a means of effective resistance.
- Magistrates sentenced Scholz to two months in prison, with seven days added for non-appearance at court
More definitions of nonappearanceDefinition of nonappearance in:
- The British & World English dictionary