1Not causing or likely to cause an argument.
- When I fancy a couple of solitary late-night pints in non-contentious company, I tend towards the Royal Borough of Islington.
- I've been known to use a Palm for notes myself, in non-contentious, low pressure situations.
- A seemingly non-contentious planning application left Ryedale District Councillors deadlocked and divided last night.
2 Law Not involving differences between contending parties.
- Mark is a member of the firm's regional construction and engineering group having specialised in contentious and non-contentious construction law for over ten years.
- Your Honours, the issues in this matter are clear-cut and they are non-contentious.
- Generally, barristers can only be briefed by solicitors, although the Bar Council allows very limited direct access to barristers in non-contentious cases.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.