- 2(Of a pension or pension plan) funded by regular payments by the employer, not the employee.More example sentences
- Even in a non-contributory scheme, the employer's payments are not bounty.
- ‘We have to be satisfied that people are not disposing of capital for the sole purpose of obtaining a non-contributory pension from the department,’ said the spokeswoman.
- But in this job I qualified for a non-contributory pension scheme from the start, and if I work until I'm 65, it should be worth £100,000 on current predictions, and I can take up to half of that as a lump sum.
More definitions of noncontributoryDefinition of noncontributory in:
- The British & World English dictionary