Definition of nondescript in English:
Lacking distinctive or interesting features or characteristics: she lived in a nondescript suburban apartment block
More example sentences
- To them, he is just another nondescript resident who strives hard for a square meal a day.
- Huesca was as nondescript a provincial town as our friends had said it would be.
- Now 19 men waited in nondescript hotel rooms to board four flights the next morning.
nounBack to top
A nondescript person or thing.
- It is the most costly farce ever misinterpreted by a group of nondescripts.
- The patron is a nondescript in late middle age who shakes his head.
- Example sentences
- The temperature reads 81 degrees on a typically hot July day in South Carolina, and a 55-foot sport fishing boat sits almost nondescriptly in the waters off of Hilton Head Island.
- Dressing nondescriptly can broadcast the message, ‘I'm not looking.’
- The Badger was a bit past middle age, and dressed nondescriptly.
Words that rhyme with nondescripttypescript • manuscript
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan