Definition of nondescript in English:
Lacking distinctive or interesting features or characteristics: she lived in a nondescript suburban apartment block
More example sentences
- To them, he is just another nondescript resident who strives hard for a square meal a day.
- Huesca was as nondescript a provincial town as our friends had said it would be.
- Now 19 men waited in nondescript hotel rooms to board four flights the next morning.
nounBack to top
A nondescript person or thing.
- It is the most costly farce ever misinterpreted by a group of nondescripts.
- The patron is a nondescript in late middle age who shakes his head.
- Example sentences
- The temperature reads 81 degrees on a typically hot July day in South Carolina, and a 55-foot sport fishing boat sits almost nondescriptly in the waters off of Hilton Head Island.
- Dressing nondescriptly can broadcast the message, ‘I'm not looking.’
- The Badger was a bit past middle age, and dressed nondescriptly.
Words that rhyme with nondescripttypescript • manuscript
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.