Definition of nongenetic in English:
Not relating to or acquired through heredity; not genetic: environmental and other nongenetic factors also contribute to the disease process
More example sentences
- Identical twins are not 100 % concordant, indicating that there are nongenetic factors involved.
- Susceptibility to MS is based on interactions among several genes and influences by, largely unknown, nongenetic factors.
- Nongenetic diabetes usually occurs in people over the age of 40.
- Example sentences
- This pollen drift poses huge problems for any farmer trying to grow non-genetically engineered crops.
- Control data on age of onset in individuals linked non-genetically have apparently never been sought.
- The evidence from recent twin studies suggests that the proportion of variance which needs to be explained non-genetically is small.
Definition of nongenetic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India